1. In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
2. Add oil and sugar and let stand for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in egg and salt.
4. Add the whole wheat flour and a cup of the bread flour. Gradually add the last cup of four until a soft dough forms.
5. Turn onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic.
6. Divide the dough into 8-10 equal pieces (depends on the size you want) and shape each into a ball.
7. Place 3-4 inches apart (depending on size) on parchment paper or a greased baking sheet.
8. (IF USING EVERYTHING SPICE): egg wash the bun tops and sprinkle the everything spice on top of the buns, BEFORE you let rise.
9. Cover and let rise for 15-20 minutes.
10. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bake for 7 - 10 minutes.
11. Remove to wire rack to cool.
Make a breakfast sandwich of cheese, bacon, ham, egg, fried sliced jalapeno and/or fried shallots. Be creative.
Make a lunch/dinner sandwich. Anything goes. Hamburgers anyone?
I chose to make fresh potato fries, but frozen fries are fine.